Connect with us

The Sentinel

Rachel Anderson

• He studied in Germany for six months, doodling along the way.

He sold his art online.

He opened an art gallery in his backyard.

And he is our new cartoonist.

But he doesn’t actually enjoy his a […]

• U.S Senator and GOP Presidential hopeful Rand Paul visited NIC Thursday, Aug. 27, sharing his libertarian and conservative beliefs with the large, supportive crowd.

With signs that read “Unleash the American D […]

• To many NIC students, the Coeur D’Alene Skatepark means free parking and a nice walk to campus. But there are many young people who call the skate park their home.

Just like any household, the skatepark has s […]

• Rachel Anderson changed their profile picture 8 years, 8 months ago

• hello

(preciousabbas@hotmail.com)

How are you today?.My name is (precious abbas)I hope you are in perfect health and i pray that this message should find you in peace. It will be my pleasure to read from you as always. I am very happy the way God has brought us in contact with each other. But plea
      se i will love to know you more please write…[Read more]

• Students, club leaders and instructors gathered behind the SUB Tuesday afternoon to celebrate the beginning of the new school year at the annual Day of Welcome.

• Rachel Anderson wrote a new post 9 years ago

ThumbnailWhat classifies art as inappropriate has been debated heavily over the years.

Is nakedness improper or tasteful? Are paintings portraying religion in less than a positive light innovative or improper? Are […]

• Rachel Anderson wrote a new post 9 years ago

ThumbnailStudents prepared themselves for the career world during the Communication Club’s second annual “Get Hired with New Attire” event.

The three-day clothing drive held in the SUB last Tuesday through Thursday let […]

• ThumbnailAhhh 2015. What a time to be alive.

The sun is shining, the birds are singing and people are finally starting to shut up about the dress.

Although Miley Cyrus may be twerking on a mountain range in a small […]

• What would life be like if we were living in Wes Anderson’s world?

Would your beige house be painted bright shades of pink and purple?

Would your everyday mundane tasks be accompanied by a soundtrack of […]

• ThumbnailCole Chandler, a 20-year-old nursing student from CDA, dabbles with art in his free time.

His art houses a combination of undead-looking subjects, muted colors and the natural world, possibly confusing those […]

• ThumbnailI’ve known him for 4 years.

He used to wear polos everyday–not by his choice.

I saw when he came out as gay on Facebook. I was astounded by his bravery.

And I saw when he went to the Idaho State Capitol […]

• The small room is brimming with people–tic tic–everyone is young: one is a child.

It smells lightly of bubble gum and B.O.–tic tic–a wall is broken down to allow more people in–tic tic–the speaker is […]

• ThumbnailThis story is written from the perspective of NIC Sentinel Features Staff Writer Rachel Anderson.

Jazz is a conversation.

Created in the early 1910s, jazz musicians were able to communicate a new story […]

• ThumbnailWhat can you do with a gum wrapper? Wad it up and throw it in the trash?

Or have you reached the level of folding it into a heart or a ninja star?

And what about those old tapes your mom has in the basement? […]

• Millions around the world celebrated Mardi Gras on Tuesday to mark the beginning of Lent, a Christian fasting holiday.

In Sweden, people celebrated by feasting on fastlagsbulle, sweet rolls filled with cream. […]

• Load More
To Top